On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Ken Kixmoeller/fh
<foxh...@information-architecture.com> wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2009, at 9:11 AM, Stephen Russell wrote:
>
>> or you could crate the correct syntax that groups properly, instead of
>> hoping that it will guess properly.
>
> This is the same conversion program we talked about it earlier. This
> is a one-off SQL statement that I will use for the next 3 weeks and
> never see again. IOW, for this, shortcuts are OK.

You can get the wrong data when you don't lay out your group bys properly.

It would be better if the compiler spanks you for doing it wrong.  Oh
yes it is.  But you want to override that because you know better???

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer

901.246-0159