http://spectator.org/archives/2009/02/16/in-all-fairness

- - -
"This isn't just about Limbaugh or a local radio host most of us haven't
heard about," says Democrat committee member. "The FCC and state and local
governments also have oversight over the Internet lines and the cable and
telecom companies that operate them. We want to get alternative views on
radio and TV, but we also want to makes sure those alternative views are
read, heard and seen online, which is becoming increasingly video and audio
driven. Thanks to the stimulus package, we've established that broadband
networks -- the Internet -- are critical, national infrastructure. We think
that gives us an opening to look at what runs over that critical
infrastructure."
- - -

Did you grasp that?

This is ten orders of magnitude more intrusive, more frightening than FISA
(which Obama now also supports, by the way). I can't tell whether this
provision, or the one giving the government mandatory access to all our
individual health records---both in a "stimulus bill" no less---is worse.
And this internet snooping is about "fairness" not security.

And then there's this:

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/8555

- - -
While on the campaign trail Barack Obama said "We cannot continue to rely on
our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set.
We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as
powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

Now, the Defense Department has established just such a "Civilian
Expeditionary Workforce" (Defense Department Directive 1404.10) that will
see American civilians trained and equipped to deploy overseas in support of
worldwide military missions. Link According to a Defense Department report
the intent of this program "is to maximize the use of the civilian workforce
to allow military personnel to be fully utilized for operational
requirements,"

Is this an initial step towards fulfilling president Obama's promise to form
a civilian national security force as powerful as the U.S. military? Will
this "Civilian Expeditionary Workforce" ever be used in the US? Will we see
"youth brigades" roaming the streets to protect us? We will have to keep a
close eye on this.
- - -

Does this bother no one?

With the sign of his pen today, and everything else he is moving so quickly
to do, Obama has begun a march toward totalitarianism like we've never seen
in this country.

It's a sad day for freedom, which appears to be going on a vacation for a
couple generations.

</voice-in-the-wilderness>

- Bob