Only when the length of a field in two tables are not the same.  It seems
that I have seen the relationship "try to link", but then ultimately does
not.  The behavior was fairly consistent except when I would browse and
scroll quickly through a child table and would see what looked like data
flicker in and out of vision.  Once I matched the character length in the
involved fields in their respective tables all looked good again.  Perhaps
an indexing issue?  Rather than REINDEX you may need to rebuild it from
scratch to rpevent bad index header data from trashing the index file(s).

Gil