From: Stephen Russell <srussell...@gmail.com>

Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:06:53
To: <profoxt...@leafe.com>
Subject: [NF] Mac easier to hack into then PC?

<http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2941>

Why Safari?  Why didn’t you go after IE or Safari?

It’s really simple. Safari on the Mac is easier to exploit.  The
things that Windows do to make it harder (for an exploit to work),
Macs don’t do.  Hacking into Macs is so much easier. You don’t have to
jump through hoops and deal with all the anti-exploit mitigations
you’d find in Windows.

It’s more about the operating system than the (target) program.
Firefox on Mac is pretty easy too.  The underlying OS doesn’t have
anti-exploit stuff built into it.

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer