bestbuy.com, get an Asus "netbook/Notebook".  We picked a few up for $270 -
$340.  They have external VGA ports, come with XP Home, WiFi, Ethernet, I
get up to 1920 x 1200 (I run 1920 - 1080 for the Wide Screen TV, er, I mean,
"monitor"), with either the Celeron M or Atom CPU they are plenty quick and
came with 1Gb DDR2 RAM.  A lot less $$$ than a Dell, unless you catch an
Outlet Store or promotional deal.  But, be careful, not all the Asus units
have 1920 x 1200 resolution on the external video port.  Lynda's unit has
only 1920 x 1080, which is fine for the TV, but if you really need 1920 x
1200, check the specs carefully.  I know my 10" screen Atom CPU unit has
1920 x 1200 for sure.

I have both a Mac Mini and the Atom CPU Asus connected to one each of
several VGS/HDMI video inputs for the "big assed TV/Monitor", and both
perform quite nicely with NetFlix, Internet in general and local processing.
I could not imagine the Asus not doing a fine job for the project at hand.

Ciao!

Gil