> 1. I took the defaults of 168 MB memory and 2 GB hard drive. Should I
> have given it more memory? I guess the hard disk is dynamic, expands
> according to need.

[Rodney] You are running Windows, even though it is being virtualized by
VirtualBox, therefore the same requirements/recommendations are still in
effect.  That being said I would run with at least 256mb but 512mb would
be better.  Not knowing what you are going to be installing, I couldn't
say quite as much about hard drive space.  I can say 2gb is probably not
enough.  If you were going to setup this up on real hardware how much
disk space would you allocate?

> 2. Is Winders actually on the hard drive physically, or will it go
away
> if I reboot or close Virtual Box?
[Rodney] Windows is actually on the physical hard drive.  It is in a
file, VirtualBox presents the virtualized environment as hard drive, but
it is just a file to the host machine

> 3. Can I install the (downloaded) software I want to run from my hard
> drive or do I have to burn a CD?
[Rodney] You can get software installed in several ways.
1.  Since networking the VM is supported, you can just re-download the
software while in the virtual machine.
2.  You can go through the VirtualBox documentation and read up on
folder sharing and go that route.
3.  You can burn it to a CD and then use the CD in the virtual
environment.
4.  You can turn it into an ISO and set the virtual CD drive to point to
the ISO.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this electronic message (including
any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged or proprietary.  If
you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, disclosure, copying,
downloading, or other use of the information is prohibited and unauthorized,
and may be unlawful, regardless of address or routing. If you are not the
intended recipient, please inform the sender immediately and permanently
delete and destroy the original and any copies of this message, including any
attachments.