Why should this produce a 'Numeric Overflow'?  I would expect it to return
390.

?VAL("390E 390TX")

It is translating the 'E' to exponential with the following numeric to its
exponent.

What would your suggestions be to just evaluate the leading numeric?

Thanks folks!

Francis I. Coppage, Jr.

-- "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the universe."

... Albert Einstein