> I don't think so, worked in this scenario before and the tables either
dissapear completely (files deleted) or some records are replaced or added
with junk values

Actually, there's a possibility to get files like these. It's even built
into Windows and called NTFS. When you change or update files on an NTFS
formatted drive, NTFS keeps track of changes in a transaction log.
Sometimes, shutting down the computer can take an awful long time while the
hard disk is constantly spinning. Last time I had this happen to me was when
I was shutting down a vmware and then shutting down the laptop. After 30-40
minutes of staring at the "please wait... System is shutting down" message,
I finally turned off the computer briskly.

When I turned it on again I didn't immediately note any problems. All my
files where there. Only when I continued working on a program file I
realized that Windows had filled many files with CHR(0) that I changed up to
around 15 minutes before shutting down my system. The file size was correct,
just the content was gone. I assume that rolling back the transaction log
didn't work out too well.

--
Christof