Good one Ed.  LOL  Militia and Militant often carry a religious
connotation, which would apply across all major races, (eg Caucasoids,
Negroids, and Mongoloids):

  Church militant, Christian church on earth, which is
  supposed to be engaged in a constant warfare against its
  enemies, and is thus distinguished from the church
  triumphant, in heaven.
  [1913 Webster]

Regards,

LelandJ