I hear you.
my own brother and myself got into an argument the other day with him
saying I need to get a job, damn near turned into a fight because of
some other things.
he has no clue that I have sent out over 10,000 resumes, that I
volunteer for the chamber of commerce, the keep america at work site,
the vets finding vets site and on top of that my small engine business
and automotive repair business.

To him, these things do not constitute a job.

perhaps in the past they wouldn't to me either.

but these last 8 years have made me realize that there are some things
more important then just a job

funny thing is, if he and others would quit badmouthing me about not
getting a job, I could most likely make a living doing what I'm doing
(thats one of the problems of living in a really small town)

one of the harsh realities I've realized lately, and others that have
written me about are that there appears to be 2 roadblocks at this point
in our lives:
1. you've made too much money in the past and you won't stay when things
pick back up so I can't hire you (says the low paying jobs), and
2. the jobs you've spent your life working at won't even interview you
if you don't have a degree.

problem with the degree option is that if you borrow the money to go to
college, there is no guarantee that will help you get a job either and
then you are still stuck paying for the student loans with no job in
site and believe me I know, because I owe citibank student loans and
sallie mae and have no money to pay them.

not whining, just stating the facts because people don't seem to
understand what really is happening.

I almost wrote an article the other day based on one I read where it
stated that if it were not for unemployment, this depression,recession,
whatever you want to call it would be much worse then the 1930's and yet
I hear from my friends that nobody should get unemployment.

Go figure <grin>

--
Virgil Bierschwale
Vets Finding Vets <http://www.VetsFindingVets.org>