On Apr 28, 2010, at 10:02 AM, Stephen Russell wrote:

> Having proof of textual clean processes allows you to override the
> statement.  Not having them keeps the statement valid.

        No, not at all. Incorrectly-done code is unsafe, and the type of code
is irrelevant. Your statement tars all dynamic SQL with the same brush, and
that is wrong.

> In some of the apps my company has they do not validate text before
> presentation to the db.  I would just guess that it happens more then
> you think.

        I don't know your company's code, so I have no idea how solid or crappy
it is.

        I always review any code I have a hand in for errors, and make sure
they are fixed before it is released. I find all sorts of errors, so your odd
focus on one particular type suggests to me that you might be missing other
potential problems.

> I was chastised by my boss for putting in time to make one.
> He thought I was wasting time but the other lead agreed that we have
> a lot of missing tools and was happy that I started to fill the void.
> Long Live the PHB !!!

        If you know you have a PHB, just nod and say 'yes, sir', and then go
ahead and do the right thing anyway.

-- Ed Leafe