On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Rafael Copquin <rcopq...@ciudad.com.ar> wrote:

> Now, according to SQL Server help, I should open ports 1433 and 1434 in
> the head office router to enable the branch to access the database.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES do you want to open the ports firewalling your
database from the Internet. (Forgive the shouting, but this is
important.) SQL Server is a database engine, not an Internet
appliance, and evildoers will exploit the direct connection to your
machine to cause a denial of service, theft of data, or other
exploits. It's been done before, and it will happen again. Please
consider establishing a virtual private network between your head
office and branch and then you can open ports, because you are sharing
within an encrypted tunnel.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC