Yeah my brother got something similar, I had a frustrating remote
session from Ireland to Boston trying to sort it out. I could maybe have
done it with a Linux boot CD but not remotely ... told him to sh!tcan
the laptop and get a MacBook unless he had something he needed to run
that absolutely required Windows, because he'll never take security
seriously.
--
  Alan Bourke
  alanpbourke (at) fastmail (dot) fm