On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Jarvis, Matthew <mat...@mckweb.com> wrote:

> I give up..... before I start throwing computers at things I thought I'd
> toss this one out there on the one-in-a-billion chance someone has some
> ideas...
>
> So I took one of our real forms done in Word, converted it into a PDF
> (after downloading trial version of Adobe LifeCycle), put in textboxes
> where the highlighted fields were in the original.... I'll be darned if
> I can now get this thing to update with my data from the HTML page.

If you've got a Linux box handy, you can get access to pdftk. I've
been working with pdftk, the PDF Toolkit, on Linux. I don't know what
the equivalent tools might be in WinWorld these days. But pdftk will
let you dump the structure and data elements. If it's not finding
them, I'd be inclined to suspect your experimental method of building
the PDF.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC