Hi Leland,

I think you misunderstood my reply (or I didn't make it clear enough <g>).
Mike suggested that using fibre optic was slowing transmission down based on
your original comment - he (and you) are of course quite correct, the
velocity of propagation in a fibre optic is less than in copper.  My point
was that whilst velocity of propagation is lower the possible data
transmission rate in baud is higher through fibre optic than copper as there
will be much less degradation at high frequencies.  There is also virtually
no RF interference on fibre optic unlike copper.

John Weller
01380 723235
07976 393631

On Behalf