>Right. I'm your user and I enter "'] as my name. what you gonna do?

Any character text to be searched for in a SELECT wIill be surrounded by
double quotes. (Any textbox that is for some data type other than character
would not accept your proposed string.) So if I didn't have any validation
code at all, I would attempt to execute the following statement:

SELECT users.id from users where login == ""']"

In VFP, the error is "Command contains unrecognized phrase/keyword"

Any other database system that permits you to legally use text delimiters
in such a way would be insane.

In fact, my validation code would throw an error on that for the same reason.

Ken Dibble
www.stic-cil.org