Marshall Lochbaum <mwlochb...@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm confused about how you are handling multiple values for one of the
> attributes (like Attribute 1 here). If you give more detail I can give
> some hints on that. Of course, if you can do it yourself, that's even
> better!

Marshall,

You handled multiple values as I want in your third step (see charlie
delta below).

>> d2 =: 0 : 0
>> Attribute 0: alpha
>> Attribute 1: bravo
>> Attribute 2: charlie delta
>> Location: echo
>> Attribute 3: hotel
>> Attribute 0: alpha
>> Attribute 1: bravo
>> Attribute 2: charlie delta
>> Location: foxtrot
>> Attribute 3: hotel
>> Attribute 0: alpha
>> Attribute 1: bravo
>> Attribute 2: charlie delta
>> Location: golf
>> Attribute 3: hotel
>> Attribute 0: india
>> Attribute 1: juliet
>> Attribute 2: kilo
>> Location: lima
>> Attribute 3:
>> )

You ended up combining hotel and india as Attribute 3, but india is
Attribute 0 for the next entry.

If I call your last calculation d4, and do

d5 =: > d4

Now the other missing steps, which I'll work on tomorrow, are to

- copy the attributes for alpha over for locations foxtrot and golf

- fold the attributes for india up with the rest

- transpose the array to get a spreadsheet layout with attributes across
  the top and data down below.

Thanks.  I had taken a different tack, using cut to create a Boolean
vector for each of the attributes to mark the start of the attribute and
then searching for a way to pull out each of the attributes into one box
each.  I got stuck there.

Bill
--
Bill Harris