I tried running my copy of ...ide/jhs/jdemo.jhs. I saw no visible
result, but I can see that it ran because HBS_jdemo_ no longer gives
me a value error after running it.

I then stopped and restarted the jhs server, and selected studio ->
demos and I got a similar effect (after selecting this option,
HBS_jdemo_ was defined where before that it was not defined).

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,

--
Raul