Hauke,

I would not worry too much about being accused of rtfm

0) it seems to me that you are studying this seriously and that is all that can
be expected of anyone.
1) this is often how we find the areas that can be improved in the manual.
2) it looks like Pascal may have found an aberration because of your question.

Cheers, bob