Not a bad habit if you put the globals into a locale, I say.

Henry Rich

On 1/18/2022 6:46 PM, Raul Miller wrote:
I definitely see the appeal of a recursive solution which avoids globals.

That said, I've been parsing enough really large files that I've
gotten into the habit of using globals for managing parsing state.
Plausibly a *bad* habit...

Here, I could have made the data dependencies explicit by passing
'pos' and 'vsum' as m and 'packet' as n, for example. This would have
made my result structures a bit messier, but maybe that would have
been ok?

Thanks,

https://www.avg.com