On Sat, Jul 2, 2022 at 5:15 AM Ewart Shaw <ewarts...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my dotage I've forgotten how to edit the J Wiki pages (for example, how
> to produce the editing date). Is there a guide, either within the J Wiki or
> externally? Many thanks.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for here.

At the bottom of the page, you can see the last date the wiki page was
edited. And, each page has a history link which would let you see each
time the page was edited.

If you want more than that, you might want to think about building
yourself a routine to help you edit the page.

For example, you can retrieve the wiki source for a page using code
along the lines of:

require'web/gethttp'
locs=: I.@E.
snap=: I.{[
innerhtmls=: {{
  opens=. 1+('>' locs y) snap ('<',x) locs tolower y
  closes=. ('</',x) locs tolower y
  y {L:0~ opens (+ i.)each closes-opens
}} L:0
editurl=:
{{'https://code.jsoftware.com/mediawiki/index.php?action=edit&title=',y
}}
wikisrc=: {{ rplc&('&lt;';'<';'&amp;';'&');'textarea' innerhtmls '-sL'
gethttp editurl y }}

   SRC=: wikisrc 'User:Ewart_Shaw/Utils'

Then manipulate it as you like and copy and paste the final version
back into a logged in edit session.

(Here, innerhtmls is more elaborate than is needed for this particular
purpose, since there's only one textarea on a wiki edit page. This is
because I also use it to extract table structures from the html source
of a wiki page:  >L:2 'td' innerhtmls 'tr' innerhtmls 'table'
innerhtmls rawhtml)

((And, it's less elaborate than would be needed for arbitrary html
content. While it's fine for typical wiki content and content where I
have some control, it does not deal with some cases involving html
comments, nested spans, selecting by a class name or id, etc. ..
Hypothetical cases are all fairly straightforward to deal with, but
most of them are more complex than my current needs call for.))

--
Raul