I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to do or where.

There are of course various ways of doing things in J7

In GTK you can open scripts and send lines from a scripts similar to what
you did in J6.

In J7 JHS you can execute scripts and you have the SP facility to send
lines to get executed.
You also have the scratch to store lines to execute