[Writing from Icedove, as otherwise I'm unsure it will reach you]

Thank you Tibor, and sorry for this unwanted noise.

Hmm, was your user-mail-address generated as "ferran.jo...@uab.cat"
which is the identity that the CERN listserver knows you under?  Did
you send both mails from the same computer via the same SMTP MTA
chain?  (CERN blacklists some "public" outgoing mail servers...)

I didn't modify my Gnus setup.  Relevant .gnus.el lines are:

----
(setq gnus-select-method
      '(nntp "news.uab.cat"))

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
             '(nnimap "uab"
                      (nnimap-address "imap.uab.cat")
                      (imap-username "1000041")
                      (nnimap-port 143)
                      (nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX" "*/*"))
                      )
             '(nntp "news.gmane.org")
             )

(setq user-mail-address "ferran.jo...@uab.cat")
(setq user-full-name "Ferran Jorba")
(setq message-default-mail-headers "Bcc: ferran.jo...@uab.cat\n")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.uab.cat")
----

Unless it is due to my own backport of Emacs22 to Etch, and using the standard Gnus (User-Agent: Gnus/5.11 (Gnus v5.11) Emacs/22.1 (gnu/linux)). But again, it works everywhere except to your CERN lists.

Tibor, may I ask for some ideas to help a Gnus newbie?

Sure.  Please forward me the full message (all headers included) of an
email sent from Gnus that did not pass through.

I attach my own BCC of my previous mail.

Thanks,

Ferran

----