Hello Jerome,

> Unfortunately we have no resource available for implementing PREMIS or
> METS in CDS Invenio this year.
>
> Still we have been discussing internally about support for these
> standards in the past, and would be interested to collaborate as much
> as we can if you are willing to implement these standards on your
> side.

I'll be happy to help, although I cannot be a full-time developer, that
is not my job here at UAB.  I'm glad to provide fixes, ideas, testing,
small patches, as always (I do the translations at home, during my
copious free time), but most of my time is trying to make things work,
not to develop large projects.

> The implementation in CDS Invenio does seem feasible without big
> changes in the software, although a deeper analysis would be
> necessary.

I agree with you.  I'd like to see more real world examples about how it
is implemented, because I cannot imagine how a METS record with
descripive metadata (MARCXML), some rights and origin information, with
strong structural information and MIX detail for each scanned page of a
medium-size journal (ex., our http://ddd.uab.cat/record/17654).
Retrieving such a METS record could put the system at its knees.

> Do you have some news about this project/petition since your your last
> email?

Nope.  Yours is the first.

Thanks,

Ferran