Hi Theodoros,

In data lunedì 26 novembre 2012 14:03:14, Theodoros Theodoropoulos ha scritto:
> I'm trying to parse LATEX strings in titles for the first time, so I
> changed the appropriate entries in the invenio-local configuration file
> (mathjax source was already installed), run inveniocfg --update-all,
> added latex_to_html="yes" in the appropriate format template, and...
> nothing. Latex is not parsed.

What is the result of not using this latex_to_html functionaility?

> I even tried importing bibformat_utils in ipython and running i.e. print
> bibformat_utils.latex_to_html("monadic $\forall^{1}_{1}$ positive theory
> over large sets "), but I only get the original string.

That's good :-) Infact MathJax expects to find original LaTeX formulas and
render them on the fly using Javascript on the client's browser. Check, e.g.
the source HTML of:

<http://invenio-demo.cern.ch/record/80?ln=en>

As you will see formulas are nicely there.

> What am I doing wrong? I KNOW I'm missing something, because this
> feature works properly in the CERN demo site (the same entries in my
> local demo site, that are not parsed).

How have you installed the MathJax sources? Have you correctly run

$ sudo -u www-data make install-mathjax-plugin

Do you have any errors in the Javascript console of your browser?

Cheers!
        Sam

--
Samuele Kaplun