Dear Theodoros,

In data lunedì 26 novembre 2012 14:15:45, Theodoros Theodoropoulos ha scritto:
> When a document is in the pending directory (ie is waiting for approval)
> how can a librarian access the attached files and/or the dummymarcxml
> that is produced in the form-submission phase in order to verify that
> everything is in order and proceed with the approval?
>
> The record is not yet integrated, so It seems logical that /record/xxx
> and /record/xxx/files are empty ... (although in the
> Send_Approval_Request websubmit function you send an approval email that
> points to the -always empty- /record/xxx/files dir).
> I know i can access and include (in the approval mail) the contents of
> the files in the related pending dir for the record so, I suppose I
> could also attach the whole (parsed?) marcxml in the mail, but I was
> looking for a better solution...
>
> Hmmm... What mechanism are you using at CERN for your librarians that
> handle approval requests?
> Any ideas/comments would be welcome!

Indeed, the pattern suggested in the Invenio Demo Site comes with certain
limitation that you have well found. At CERN we have somehow went-around it by
always creating the record in the system.

Basically as soon as a record is submitted, it is reserved a recid, and then
it is uploaded. The trick here is that in the metadata we write down a special
collection tag in 980, e.g. PENDING or other values. Such metadata is then
matched by a restricted/hidden collection that only cataloguers have access
to. The submission session is then terminated as any other typical SBI
workflows.

Cataloguers/referees can then approve/amend the document using a dedicated
submission workflow that will read the document from the system, and at the
end will simply update the record to reflect the final collection tag in 980.

So we basically don't use at all the pattern given by WebSubmit,
Move_to_Pending, Move_from_Pending.

The drawback of this approach is that a recid is allocated even in case the
document is then rejected but this is a small price to pay.

Cheers!
        Sam
--
Samuele Kaplun