Hi Ferran,

I think there should be no problem in your case. On your host, you would install one RabbitMQ server (the broker) - on the broker you would create 1 RabbitMQ virtual host per Apache virtual host. For each invenio installation you would start 1 worker. I know Invenio already have lots of dependencies, but the hope is that this one is worth-while and easy Basically installing RabbitMQ is something like:

# Install
sudo apt-get install rabbitmq-server

# Add user and vhost
sudo rabbitmqctl add_user myuser mypassword
sudo rabbitmqctl add_vhost myvhost
sudo rabbitmqctl set_permissions -p myvhost myuser ".*" ".*" ".*"
# Restart
sudo service rabbitmq-server restart

and starting a Celery worker is just:
celery worker -A invenio -B

Do you install each Invenio installation in virtual environments? If not, this might be the only issue, however I think at most a worker-start-script per invenio installation would need to be created.

Alternatively, we are also thinking of a "lite"-solution, so you won't even need to install a broker (RabbitMQ) and start the Celery workers. Celery has a flag so that it can run tasks synchronously instead of asynchronously (so the lite version would seem slower, but still do the job in the end).

Currently there's an overlap between bibsched and Celery, which we haven't completely sorted out what goes where. For now, bibsched is still the master of bibupload and friends. In the short term it seems most natural that Celery would take over bibtasklets + new territories. On the long run, we'll have to get some experiences first.

Cheers,
Lars