On Fri, 22 Mar 2013, Vít Tuček wrote:
> The TEI XML contains much more than bibliographic data and we would
> like to be able to store that in Invenio and apply some XSL transforms
> to it during export. Think of handling a PDF with metadata extraction
> during import and pdf2html during eport.

Here is some additional information to the one already provided by Lars.

If TEI XML is your master format, then you could store it alongside
generated MARC record in Invenio, so that if your TEI->MARC is not
lossless but lossy, you could still serve the full original information
from the original TEI upon export request.

Depending on your Invenio version, the TEI file could be simply stored
as a hidden file attached to the given MARC record.  Then your export
procedure would read and serve it.  I'm suggesting this technique
because up to know, the master format for all records in Invenio was
MARC.

In the bleeding edge Invenio master branch, we are releasing this
constraint and introducing a notion of any master format that may or may
not be MARC.  This may be a cleaner solution to address your issue,
especially if you expect to stay with TEI master formats in the future.

Best regards
--
Tibor Simko