On 03.02.2014 12:27, Theodoros Theodoropoulos wrote:

Hi!

Hello everyone and apologies if this has been discussed (or even tackled).

The issue I'm having is that authority-related indexes (ie authority
author) are getting too large because some of the 'authority' fields
that should be indexed coincide with some popular bibliographic fields
(such as 500__a which is see also/personal name in authority records and
note field in bibliographic records) and thus the relative index fills
up with 'garbage'.

Sortof in our discussions with Tibor whiiiiiiiiile ago. Tibor might
remember his musings whether the auth-index should be completely
separated or not

With that in mind, I think it would be nice to be able to restrict
indexing to certain collections only. If this seems like a bad policy
(and maybe it is), a check button could instead exist in the
bibindexadmin page that could be used to indicate an authority-related
index (and thus restrict the data gathered to authority-related records
only).

Does this seem reasonable?

For me it definitely sounds sensible. In a way I think even the tag
already exists as Authority Records should belong to the collection
AUTHORITY (980__a).

BTW: we used 400 instead of 500 for synonyms. Did we do this one wrong?

--

Kind regards,

Alexander Wagner
Scientific Services / Scientific Publishing
Central Library
52425 Juelich

mail : a.wag...@fz-juelich.de
phone: +49 2461 61-1586