On Mon, 17 Mar 2014, Pedro Miguel Paiva Gaudencio wrote:
> So, should I add the recid to the sip after the marcxml is uploaded or
> create an empty dummy record prior to the bibupload and then just
> update it in the bibupload?

I'd say the former -- even though this has a philosophical disadvantage
in that "sip", in its sense of "submission information package", would
usually contain stuff submitted by the user, which record ID is not.[1]

The latter option, always generating empty placeholder records, has a
theoretical disadvantage in case people start many unfinished
submissions (e.g. distributed submission attack), which would consume
lots of record IDs unnecessarily.

[1] Storing "sips" as true "sips", without any auto-generated
    information such as record ID, and linking them to records via
    persistent ID store, would probably be nicer strategy.

Best regards
--
Tibor Simko