Would it help to add a disabled_functions list in php.ini? Unless
these functions are needed by Mozdev internal scripts, disabling these
might help:

    * system
    * exec
    * shell_exec
    * proc_open
    * passthru
    * mysql_list_dbs
    * dl
    * leak (I'm not sure if this is still available in PHP)

These could also be set for greater security (if needed):

    * openlog
    * syslog
    * symlink
    * link
    * apache_child_terminate
    * apache_note
    * apache_getenv
    * apache_setenv
    * virtual

This setting can only be set in php.ini, not httpd.conf or .htaccess or
ini_set(). More info:
http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.disable-functions

There may be other php.ini settings that could be set (like
open_basedir:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.open-basedir) for greater
security.

--Jake

P.S. PHP is still disabled for the mp4downloader project. I sent an
email to the sysadmin list, but nothing has changed yet. I don't use PHP
much on this site except to redirect users to Drupal (pretty important,
since most people go to mp4downloader.mozdev.org instead of
mp4downloader.mozdev.org/drupal) and to handle changelog access from
testing versions of my add-on (not having PHP is really messing this up,
but it isn't too important because it is just a testing version).

P.S. (again): I can still run PHP code in local.conf, even though PHP is
disabled in my project. I guess this is necessary for certain settings
and stuff, but it also opens up a security hole.