Sophie Gautier wrote:
So that could be a task for somebody who has recurrent time slots
available to [partly] manage the tasks planning. If the tool really
provide efficiency in time management, we should be able to avoid
harassing volunteers already overwhelmed.

Are we talking about "coordinators", aren't we?

If so, that may work as long as the "lower levels", this is to say who really wants the help for a project, sends his/her requests for help to the coordinators. This is an (little) overload too. However, I think it's bearable.

So, the work flow should be:

a) Maintainers/current contributors sends their requests for help to --> coordinators who add those requests to the "employment system" so that --> wannabe contributors can choose the task to which they want to contribute;

b) after wannabe contributors have chosen the preferred task, they contact --> the coordinators who will communicate to --> the maintainers/current contributors that somebody else has completed or wants to collaborate to a task.

It may work, if everybody do everything in the right way. :)

We should discuss about how huge and difficult could be such coordination work. What skills are needed for such role? Knowledge of the TDF/LibO project as a whole? Technical skills? Others?

Once determined how many "coordinators" are needed for the start-up of the project, we may discuss about the technical feasibility (wiki or bugzilla?) and the recruiting campaign for those coordinators.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: