Hi,

Am Montag, den 06.06.2011, 12:56 +0200 schrieb klaus-jürgen weghorn ol:
> Some things Christian K. mentioned on the German-ml [1]:
[...]
> 2. The German tests are different from the English. Is there any problem
> with it?

I do see some advantages in having tests regarding localization in all
the languages.

But I am not sure if there is any risk in the build process, that bugs
in the logic of the program occur just in a subset of languages.
If not the language does not matter and there is no need to translate
und multiply the work with translating all the tests in more than 100
languages. Litmus becomes unusable and getting statistics gets much
harder as you have to aggregate over all the languages.
Also members that do not speak every language will have no chance to get
information out of more than 80% of the tests and in the end when tests
fail you have to use the english only bgzilla.

But I guess the lang-projects insist on having translated tests, so
whatever.

Having even differing tests in all the languages just make the mess so
much bigger.
So even if we want translated tests please use a top down english ->
rest approach.

Regards,
Michael