Baru beberapa hari jadi menteri pertahanan sudah bicara tentang
    pembelian senjata...

    Dia bukannya memikirkan bagaimana caranya untuk memupuk
    perdamaian dengan negara tetangga....

    Satu lagi menteri debil.

===========

Indonesia to seek weapons from eastern Europe, Japan

JAKARTA (Agencies): The newly appointed defense minister said on
Monday Indonesia would shift its purchase of military equipment to
nations other than the United States, its traditional supplier.

"We will explore all other countries for arms supplies, such as Japan
and eastern Europe. Earlier, we sought weapons from South Korea and
Singapore," Juwono Sudarsono told reporters.

Juwono said he planned to visit Poland soon to look into the
possibility of buying arms from that country.

Last year, Indonesia bought four Russian-made Sukhoi jet fighters for
the Air Force and several Mil Mi assault/transport helicopters for the
army, along with a number of KT-1B training planes from South Korea
for the Air Force academy.

In regards the U.S. military embargo still in place, Juwono said he
would visit Washington to discuss the resumption of military ties.

The U.S. Congress has continued to block motions to resume military
ties with Indonesia, which were severed in 1999 when Indonesian
soldiers and militias took part in a rampage and killed hundreds of
people in East Timor following its independence referendum.

"But we will never beg," Juwono said, adding that he would probably
visit Washington sometime next month.

Indonesia wants to resume full military ties with the U.S. so it can
buy new military equipment and take part in U.S. defense training
programs.

Juwono said the embargo actually hurting the U.S itself, as it sold on
a few military equipment in the past.

"They sold, for example, the C-130 Hercules transport planes which was
also affected by the embargo, due to the scarcity of spare parts.

"We use these planes mostly for humanitarian missions, as well as
deploying troops to conflict areas," he said.

He added that the embargo had prevented such missions from going
smoothly. (***)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/uTGrlB/TM