http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/01/27/freeport-indonesia-appoints-new-president-director.html
Freeport Indonesia appoints new president director
Rangga D Fadhillah, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Fri, 01/27/2012 6:37 PM
PT Freeport Indonesia, operator of the Grasberg gold and cooper mine in Papua,
announced on Friday that it had appointed former Public Works Minister Rozik B.
Soetjipto as its new president director, replacing Armando Mahler.

Rozik will be assisted by an executive committee chaired by Freeport-McMoran
Copper & Gold chief executive Richard Adkerson, while Armando will serve the
company as a senior advisor to the committee, the company revealed.

“The new management organization will enable us to renew our commitment to
operate the Grasberg mine in a safe, efficient and world class fashion for the
benefit of our employees, the local community, and the Republic of Indonesia,”
said Rozik in a press statement sent to The Jakarta Post.

Rozik has served on the board of commissioners of PT Freeport Indonesia since
2000. He is a mining engineering graduate of the Bandung Institute of
Technology and has obtained masters and doctorate degrees in metallurgical
engineering from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium.

He held various senior positions in the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry
for a number of years, including as director general of mines from 1998 to
1999. He served as the Public Works Minister during 1999-2000.

Related News >>
  a.. Violence returns as two Freeport contractors killed
  b.. 2 Freeport subcontractor workers set on fire, 1 dies
  c.. Freeport: We need to reconcile to face the future