Jusfiq Hadjar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On 29 Jul 2005, at 4:22, Zhao Yun
wrote:

> Ini berita kemarin. Hari ini ada lagi. Beberapa fatwa yg dikukuhkan
> sungguh 'mengerikan' untuk ukuran standar demokrasi modern.
>
> MUI ini persis seperti para pengelola lembaga Gereja diabad
> pertengahan : Para Bigots !!
>
> Ujung-ujungnya sebenarnya ya 'kekuasaan'.
> Nggak heran jika para bigots ini sering dituduh memarginalisasikan
> kelompok lain : apakah itu gender atau minoritas (agama lain, ras
> lain, ideologi politik lain dstnya).
>
> Sungguh saya berharap ada mesin waktu yg dapat mengirim kembali
> orang-orang kayak petinggi MUI ini ke jaman middle age, siapa tahu
> mereka menemukan sorga mereka disana !!
>
> It will be a kind of win-win solution, I guess....
>
> Salam,
> ZHAO YUN

> MUI issues 11 fatwa
>
> The Jakarta Post, Jakarta
>
> In what was widely seen as an apparent campaign against freedom of
> thought and religion, the state-sanctioned Indonesian Ulema Council
> (MUI) issued on Thursday a fatwa outlawing liberal Islamic thoughts.
>
> Apart from liberalism, the council also declared secularism and
> pluralism forbidden under Islam, through one of the 11 decrees it
> issued during its four-day national congress that will officially
> end on Friday.
>
> With such an unpopular fatwa, the MUI could be headed for a showdown
> with progressive Islamic movements that have been growing in the
> predominantly Muslim nation.
>
> Fatwa Commission chairman Ma'ruf Amin said that although the edict
> did not specify any organization by name, it was issued apparently
> in reaction to the activities of two progressive groups -- the
> Liberal Islam Network (JIL) and the Muhammadiyah Youth Intellectuals
> Network (JIMM).
>
> "All of their teachings are deviant ... No one should adhere to
> their beliefs," Ma'ruf told The Jakarta Post. "Their principles are
> dangerous and misleading, because they believe in only what they
> think is right and use pure rationale as justification."

    Gawat bukan?

    "Reason" dianggap salah.

    Sekarang mari kita bandingkan dengan ensiklik Paus "Fides Et
    Ratio" (bisa dicari pakai google)..

Post message: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe   :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List owner  :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Homepage    :  http://proletar.8m.com/

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?Donate or volunteer
in the arts today at Network for Good</a>.</font>