Tu duit datangnya dari mana?

الأحد 21 ذو
القعدة 1433هـ - 07
أكتوبر 2012م

Afghan cleric offers cash for death of film producer
Afghanistan is a devoutly Muslim nation and perceived insults to religion are
taken seriously, often with violent consequences. (AFP)

AFP

An Afghan cleric has offered rewards totaling $400,000 for anyone killing the
producer of a U.S.-made anti-Islam film and a French cartoonist who drew
caricatures of the Muslim prophet Mohammed. "I have offered $300,000 to anyone
who kills the anti-Islam film producer and $100,000 for killing the French
cartoonist," Mir Faroq Husaini, a prominent cleric in the western province of
Herat, told AFP Sunday. Husaini said he had first announced the reward during a
sermon on Friday in a large mosque in the city. "I will sell all my properties,
including my lands in Herat, to collect the money," he said. Afghanistan is a
devoutly Muslim nation and perceived insults to religion are taken seriously,
often with violent consequences. The "Innocence of Muslims", a crudely made
film that mocks Islam, triggered violent protests in at least 20 countries
including Afghanistan after excerpts were posted online last month. Immediately
after the film gained notoriety, French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo
published cartoons caricaturing the Muslim prophet. A Pakistani government
minister last month placed a $100,000 bounty on the head of the maker of the
film. Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmed Bilour also called on the Taliban and
al-Qaeda to join the hunt and help accomplish the "noble deed". Meanwhile, in
recent related news, Naveed Haider's print works went into overdrive in
neighboring Pakistan, running off hundreds of U.S. flags for angry protesters
to burn at demonstrations. Weeks of protests in Pakistan caused serious damage
to major cities, but for Haider business is booming. When the mobilization
against the U.S. film began, "I knew the tills would start ringing", said the
manager at Panaflex printers, housed in a dilapidated building in Rawalpindi,
the twin city of Islamabad and headquarters of the military. "Whenever we have
these demonstrations, I make 10 times as much money as normal," he told AFP in
a tiny room that stank of ink, as two huge rollers spat out Stars and Stripes.
Sold for between 120 and 1,500 rupees ($1.25 to $16) depending on size and
quality, the flags have been snapped up for demonstrations against the film in
recent weeks, and Haider watched in delight as his products went up in smoke
day after day on the TV news. The boom in the flag market has accompanied a
surge in anti-American feeling in Pakistan, which has been battered and bruised
by Taliban violence and US drone strikes since joining Washington's "war on
terror" in late 2001.

جميع الحقوق
محفوظة لقناة
العربية © 2010