FYI

--

Last Update: Saturday, 13 July 2013 KSA 01:59 - GMT 22:59
Pro-Mursi protesters are awaiting signal for `sexual Jihad:' report
Saturday, 13 July 2013
A Facebook page with suspected links to the Muslim Brotherhood pledges "sexual
jihad" to people camping in a pro-Mursi sit-in in Cairo. (Photo credit:
http://www.facebook.com/I5watNekab?filter=3)

Al Arabiya

Hardcore Muslim Brotherhood (MB) supporters are awaiting a signal to commence a
campaign of 'sexual Jihad' within their sit-in camp in Cairo; which is
something a Fatwa (religious edict) posted on a MB-affiliated Facebook paged
suggests will soon be allowed.

The fatwa came in response to a question by a female Brotherhood supporter
asking if 'sexual Jihad' is allowed in Rabea al-Adawiya Square and the rest of
Egyptian squares where people have been protesting since 30 June.

The religious answer was: "Not now. Let us wait first for what will happen, may
God strengthen the Mujahedeen."

"Sexual Jihad" refers the female Islamists offering their sexual services to
their male counterparts so they remain motivated to continue the struggle for
their cause.

The fatwa prompted more than 1,400 user comments, with many responding with
sarcasm and ridicule. One commentator wrote: "If there is sexual Jihad, we are
ready to abandon Tahrir square and join Rabea al-Adawiya, may God destroy the
Hashish camp."

Tahrir square is where liberal anti-Mursi protesters are camping to defend the
military's decision to overthrow the Islamist president.

Another commentator wrote: "Is this a square or a house of prostitution? And
you are calling us seculars and apostates; I swear we are more honorable than
you."

One person challenged the fatwa as "wrong," sarcastically saying that that
"sexual Jihad should be allowed now for the square to become an attraction for
Jihadists nationwide."

Arab daily online newspaper Elaph quoted Muslim Brotherhood member Saif al-Nahi
as saying that the Facebook page is part of a smear campaign against the
Islamist group that began since Mursi's ascension to power.