Viva Chavez!!!

Tampaknya model yang akan dibeli Venuzuela adalah Sukhoi Su-35.
http://www.vheadline.com/readnews.asp?id=60085
Su-35 merupakan versi modern dari Su-27 dengan digantinya sistem
kontrol analog dengan sistem kontrol digital. Sebuah pesawat tempur
peran ganda dengan prioritas pada keunggulan diudara dengan kemampuan
menyerang sasaran-sasaran dipermukaan secara terpandu maupun tidak
terpandu.

--- In proletar@yahoogroups.com, "Ambon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://english.pravda.ru/world/americas/16-06-2006/82082-Venezuela-0
>

>       Venezuela to purchase 24 new Russian fighter jets
>
>       16.06.2006
>

>       President Hugo Chavez confirmed the deal on Wednesday after
months of speculations over the issue.

>       Finally, President Hugo Chavez confirmed what was until
Wednesday an open secret. Venezuela will buy 24 new Russian Sukhoi
fighter jets this year to replace a fleet of old US-made F-16s.

>                   Venezuela's president Hugo Chavez handles a
Russian AK-103 rifle in Caracas

>            BREAKING NEWS
>

>       The leader of the South American nation took the decision a
few weeks after the Pentagon issued an order to stop all arms
shipments to Caracas quoting intelligence reports which say that
Venezuela is aiding leftist rebels in neighbor Colombia. President
Chavez made the announcement Wednesday in a speech before hundreds of
soldiers at a military base in Caracas.

>       "First we are going to buy 24 Sukhoi S-30s and we are going to
leave open the possibility of a future acquisition," Mr Chavez said in
the country's capital, Caracas, where also presented the troops with
new Russian-made AK-103 rifles - part of an order of 100,000 of the
weapons scheduled for delivery within the next six months.

>       The president lavished praise on the Sukhoi fighters. "An F-16
launches a missile, maximum distance: 60km (40 miles). Do you all know
from what distance the Sukhoi Su-30 can launch? 200km," Mr Chavez
said. "That's to say, an aircraft carrier that stops in the Caribbean.
They [the US] like to stop aircraft carriers in the Caribbean to invade."

>       The Venezuelan government said the new weaponry will help the
country to defend its sacred land from any possible foreign attack.
Chavez has frequently warned that the United States could invade to
seize control of Venezuela's vast oil reserves.

>       According to the US administration, alleged Venezuelan links
to Cuba and Iran are a reason to ban arms sales to the government in
Caracas. Venezuela has warned it could sell its F-16 fighter jets to
other countries, such as Iran, while looking to buy more aircraft from
Russia. U.S. officials say Washington and Caracas have previously
signed agreements that would not allow such a resale.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/do.u8A/hOaOAA/Zx0JAA/uTGrlB/TM