http://www.thejakartapost.com/detailnational.asp?fileid=20060926.G10&irec=9

Amusement centers regulated in Ambon

AMBON, Maluku: The Ambon city administration has ordered bars, nightclubs and
amusement centers in the city to temporarily close at the start of Ramadhan.

"We have told the owners of these centers to close in the first days of the
fasting month in order to respect Muslims in Ambon who are fasting," Ambon
Tourism Office head Jhon Sahtu said Saturday.

Jhon said when the establishments reopened, they would be allowed to operate
from 9:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. during the month.

Restaurants and other food stalls open during the day would be asked to keep
their gates closed with their doors ajar, and their windows curtained to
respect Muslims, he said.

"I've also issued a circular asking non-Muslims not to eat or drink in public
places," Jhon said

Such advice was essential to help to maintain harmony in the province, he said.
Ambon has earlier been the scene of sectarian violence. -- JP

Post message: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe   :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List owner  :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]