Penelitian begini sekarang ini lazimnya dilakukan oleh orang-orang kafir

Makanya mereak bisa mengirim orangke bulan.

Atau Phoneix ke Mars.

Orang kafir itu pada maju.

Dan terus maju.

Orang Islam lebih banyak yagn menghabiskan waktunya untuk saling berbunuhan,
sepertti yang terjdi antra orangsunni dansyiah di Iraq, Pakistan dll.

Atau menindas Jemmaah Ahmadiyah, seperti di Indoneisa.

Atau ngurus tetek Claudia Shifter yagn ditutup baju yang ada ayat
al-Mushafnya..;
.
Islam itu, saya katakan dan saya ulagn adalah laknat buat ummat
manusia,artinyajuga buat orang Islam.

---

The News & Observer

Published: Jun 29, 2008 12:30 AM
Modified: Jun 29, 2008 03:45 AM
Cancer cure in mice to get human trials
Wake Forest University scientists studying genetic immunity in mice to start
testing humans
Zoe Elizabeth Buck, Staff WriterComment on this story
Clinical trials begin this week at Wake Forest University on a cancer therapy
that has completely cured the disease in every mouse tested over the past few
years.

The therapy involves the transfusion of white blood cells from cancer-resistant
donors into cancer patients, letting loose a uniquely qualified army of disease
fighters to attack the invading tumor.

Some scientists are skeptical about the move from mice to humans, but others
are excited about the possibility of success.

Dr. Zheng Cui, the lead investigator, and his team at the Wake Forest
University School of Medicine announced the move to human clinical trials
Saturday at the Understanding Aging Conference in Los Angeles. The team
recently won approval for human trials from the Food and Drug Administration.

"This is the first time that such aggressive cancer in mice has been eradicated
like this," Cui said. "This is a very dramatic result."

The result is especially dramatic considering its discovery stemmed from a
series of accidents, starting with one extraordinary mouse.

In the late 1990s, Cui and his team were using mice as experimental cancer
patients for their research, injecting them with malignant cells. Within three
to four weeks, as expected, all the injected mice developed tumors and died.

But in 1999, for some reason, one mouse didn't develop tumors and didn't die.

Dr. Lloyd Old of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, who was
collaborating in the research, later said that if Cui had been trained as an
immunologist, he would have thrown out the mouse right then. But Cui was
trained as a medical doctor, and his curiosity led him to continue testing the
oddball mouse, injecting it with higher and higher lethal doses of carcinogens.

No matter how many times the researchers tried to give the mouse cancer, it
didn't develop a tumor, and it didn't die.

The mouse was immune to cancer.

Making sure

As cautious scientists, Cui and his team decided to breed the mouse and test
its offspring for cancer immunity.

"We knew that if we hadn't made a mistake, something very dramatic was
happening, but we had to know we weren't making a mistake," he said.

It wasn't a mistake. Three of the mouse's seven grandchildren didn't get
cancer, either. Whatever was causing the cancer resistance was built into the
mouse's family genes. News of the finding created a stir.

"Our lives were suddenly overtaken by an unexpected media frenzy," Cui wrote in
2003. Headlines proclaimed a cure for cancer -- albeit in mice.

"People got very excited for a reason," he said. "It was exciting. We had
direct evidence for cancer immunity that we could reproduce at will. It was a
very profound result, and it was not subtle. I don't think people could have
overreacted."

The next step was to figure out how to transfer that cancer immunity from the
special mice to mice that were dying of cancer. The solution is apparently
hidden in the mice's white blood cells, which are like a tiny biological army.
They are carried in the bloodstream to fight infection and disease throughout
the body.

For some reason -- Cui and his team don't know why -- the white blood cells
from the immune mice could defeat the cancer every time, while the other mice's
white blood cells were unable to stave off the infection.

The majority of contemporary cancer research focuses on these cellular
soldiers. But most research seeks to isolate certain parts of the cells and
stimulate them in test tubes, a complex process.

Cui's procedure is simple.

"We don't have to do anything to manipulate the white blood cells," Cui said.
All he and his team did was transfuse the immune mouse cells into the sick
mice, and the tumors melted away.

"It's like we discovered aspirin, only instead of curing headaches it's curing
cancer," Cui said. "We don't know how it works exactly, but it doesn't really
matter."

A leap forward

Rather than spend years determining the mechanisms behind the miracle, Cui
thought it was more important to press forward toward clinical trials in humans.

But Cui's eagerness to move forward could lead to problems.

"Anything that seems like a miracle always runs into roadblocks in the future,"
said Vivek Rangnekar, a cancer researcher at the University of Kentucky. "If
you don't know the mechanism behind what is going on, you will not be equipped
to deal with those roadblocks. For example, they could find that the cancer
builds up a resistance, and if they don't know what's going on they will not be
equipped to deal with that.."

As Cui moves forward, he must first find a source for the cancer-fighting white
blood cells -- the human equivalent of that miraculous mouse.

Next week, Cui's team will begin a search for cancer-resistant humans..

Next step: humans

Whether people are immune to cancer is probably rooted in their genetic
background.

"Some families just don't have any cancer for generations, even among heavy
smokers," he said. "Chances are it is probably not because they are lucky."

These cancer-resistant people are identified by examining how well their white
blood cells fight off cancer cells in a test tube. Once a set of donors is
selected, the clinical trial will move into the treatment stage, harvesting
white blood cells from immune people and transfusing them into cancer patients.
The process will be relatively painless by contrast with current cancer
treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation therapy, which often have
debilitating side effects.

"It's basically a blood transfusion -- a safe procedure that goes on all the
time," Cui said.

Doubts and pessimism

Other researchers remain cautious. Dr. Len Lichtenfeld, deputy chief medical
officer of the American Cancer Society, said it was important to note that we
simply won't know anything about the viability of the therapy for humans until
the clinical trial begins.

"We're always hopeful," he said, "but we have to temper our enthusiasm."

Some scientists expressed pessimism about the clinical trials. Lab mice have
such close genetics that any two members of the same strain are essentially
identical twins. This is not true in humans. Some experts worry that the cancer
patients' bodies will reject the donated cells from the blood transfusion, or
worse, that the white blood cells, designed to identify and attack anything
foreign to them, will attack the body of the patient from the inside.

Cui said he is aware that the procedure comes with risks. But, he said, the
white blood cell transfusions have been used in other fields of medicine for
years.

"We've minimized all the risk, especially for these first few rounds of
trials," he said. "We don't know what will happen, but we hope this will cure
several types of cancer and help a few people in the next months. This could be
another arrow in the cancer treatment quiver."

[EMAIL PROTECTED] or (919) 829-4753

© Copyright 2008, The News & Observer Publishing Company

A subsidiary of The McClatchy Company

Jusfiq Hadjar gelar Sutan Maradjo Lelo

Allah yang disembah orang Islam tipikal dan yang digambarkan oleh al-Mushaf itu
dungu, buas, kejam, keji, ganas, zalim lagi biadab hanyalah Allah fiktif.

Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at
Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html