Both are dangerous.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ndeboost
  To: proletar@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 4:39 AM
  Subject: [proletar] Re: Terrorists Still Lurking in Indonesia, Police Warn

  Terorism in Indonesia is less dangerous compared to
  corruption. The latter takes away the future of the
  nation.

  --- In proletar@yahoogroups.com, "sunny" <am...@...> wrote:

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/terrorists-still-lurking-in-indonesia-police-warn/386325

  > July 17, 2010
  > Farouk Arnaz & Heru Andriyanto
  >

  > Convicted terrorist Mohammad Jibriel Abdul Rahman, center, raises his fist
as he shouts "Allahu akbar" (God is great) after his trial at a district court
in Jakarta recently. On the anniversary of the twin hotel bombings in Jakarta
last year, senior anti-terror police are warning that regional terror group
Jemaah Islamiyah still has the ability to regenerate. (AP Photo/Irwin
Fedriansyah)

  > Terrorists Still Lurking in Indonesia, Police Warn
  >

  > Despite police successes against terrorist networks, lessons learned over
the 12 months since the July 17 twin hotel bombings in Jakarta show that the
shadowy terrorist group Jemaah Islamiyah has the capacity to keep on
regenerating, according to a top counterterrorism official.

  > Brig. Gen. Tito Karnavian, head of the National Police's counterterrorism
unit, says the group, also known as JI, appears to be never short of followers,
despite having been the target of nationwide manhunts since the 2002 Bali
bombings, and has adapted by changing its attack strategy.

  > "We have learned that JI has survived and started a new cell," Tito told
the Jakarta Globe in an exclusive interview this week. "Noordin M Top was
capable of setting a well-planned attack. The bombings also revealed a role
played by the Al-Ghuroba cell."

  > Al-Ghuroba is a group comprising Indonesian students who have studied at
fundamentalist schools in Pakistan. Its key members include Abdul Rohim, the
son of influential cleric Abu Bakar Bashir; Muhammad Jibriel, the son of
radical preacher Abu Jibriel; and Gun-Gun Rusman Gunawan, the younger brother
of Hambali, who is being detained by US authorities on terror charges.

  > In a recent report, the International Crisis Group, a global security
watchdog, identified followers of the Bashir-led Jamaah Ansharut Tauhid as a
key challenge for Indonesian law enforcers.

  > "The far bigger challenge for Indonesia is to manage the aspirations of the
thousands who join JAT rallies for its public message: That democracy is
antithetical to Islam, that only an Islamic state can uphold the faith and that
Islamic law must be the source of all justice," the ICG said.

  > JAT's Jakarta headquarters was raided by police in May and several members
were charged with funding a paramilitary training camp uncovered in Aceh in
February.

  > Tito also said that police learned that terrorists were expanding their
scope from Western targets to "nearby enemies."

  > "What I mean by nearby enemies are the Indonesian government, Indonesian
Military and National Police, which they regard as representatives of a secular
regime and supporters of Western democracy," he said.

  > "They were also preparing a series of attacks, instead of a single attack
in one year. In addition to the July 17 bombings, they were preparing a
car-bomb attack on the president," Tito said, adding the plot against the
president was uncovered after a raid in Jati Asih, Bekasi, several weeks after
the hotel bombings.

  > Although trials are under way for most of the bombing suspects, Tito said
three more suspects arrested in Medan in April were still to be prosecuted.
Sources at the police have said the three Medan suspects are Deni Suramto, who
allegedly bought the explosives for the hotel attacks; Bayu Sena, the suspected
bomb maker; and Pandu Wicaksono.

  > Tito said other key militants were also being sought. "Among them is
Mustofa, alias Abu Tholut. He is the most senior member we know after the Aceh
terrorist network was uncovered," he said.

  > Mustofa was arrested in Semarang for illegal possession of firearms in July
2003. He was sentenced to seven years in jail but walked free under a
conditional release in March 2009.

  > "The road before us is still long and they will continue to regenerate,"
Tito said.