@Kimpul, @Kimpul.
Ente terlambat ........... Kasus ini sudah dibicarakan sejak kemarin.
Si o...@jusfiq, @Wandu dkk tak tantang ganti, Siria itu negara
Islam yang menjalankan syariah Islam atau ga? Anda bawa lagi
Turki saat dibawah Kemal Attaturk. Negara ini saat itu negara
Islam dengan sistim syariah bukan?
Lalu adakah yang aneh bin asing bila bukan negara Islam yang
ga berdasar syariah ngelarang burka?

Silahkan ikut merespon
Juga mangga disimak komenta menteri Lingkungan Hidup
Inggris (saat ini)

Menteri Lingkungan Hidup Inggris,  Caroline Spelman menambah
jajaran  pejabat pemerintah Inggris yang tidak setuju dengan
larangan mengenakan  cadar bagi kaum perempuan, khususnya
para muslimah.

"............. Mengenakan cadar merupakan pilihan hidup mereka
sendiri," kata Caroline  di tengah pro kontra larangan cadar yang
mulai mencuat di Inggris."
"............Saya tidak mau, sebagai perempuan tinggal di negeri
yang mengatur busana  apa yang boleh dan tidak boleh saya
kenakan..."

Inggri tuh negeri sekuler namun bervisi.

Salam,
nDeboost.
Eh, punya nDeboost yl. belum direspon.
Kalau ga mau, ya sdh. Gpp.

--- In proletar@yahoogroups.com, "sunny" <am...@...> wrote:

> Refleksi : Apa komentar Anda tentang pemerintah Syria melarang wanita
memakai cador di universitas?

> Sebagai tambahan informasi bahwa sebelumnya yaitu pada tahun 1920-an
pemerintahan Mustafa Kemal Ataturk di Turki melarang wanita memakai
jilbab, cador dan burqa di segala instnasi pemerintah termasuk
universitas.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jV_-6kvuvHLoKhskSm80Sm\
yln5vAD9H2BJEG0

> Syria bans full Islamic face veils at universities
> By ALBERT AJI and ELIZABETH A. KENNEDY (AP) - 16 hours ago
>
> DAMASCUS, Syria - Syria has forbidden the country's students and
teachers from wearing the niqab - the full Islamic veil that reveals
only a woman's eyes - taking aim at a garment many see as political.

> The ban shows a rare point of agreement between Syria's secular,
authoritarian government and the democracies of Europe: Both view the
niqab as a potentially destabilizing threat.

> "We have given directives to all universities to ban niqab-wearing
women from registering," a government official in Damascus told The
Associated Press on Monday.

> The order affects both public and private universities and aims to
protect Syria's secular identity, said the official, who spoke on
condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly
about the issue. Hundreds of primary school teachers who were wearing
the niqab at government-run schools were transferred last month to
administrative jobs, he added.

> The ban, issued Sunday by the Education Ministry, does not affect the
hijab, or headscarf, which is far more common in Syria than the niqab's
billowing black robes.

> Syria is the latest in a string of nations from Europe to the Middle
East to weigh in on the veil, perhaps the most visible symbol of
conservative Islam. Veils have spread in other secular-leaning Arab
countries, such as Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon, with Jordan's government
trying to discourage them by playing up reports of robbers who wear
veils as masks.

> Turkey bans Muslim headscarves in universities, with many saying
attempts to allow them in schools amount to an attack on modern Turkey's
secular laws.

> The issue has been debated across Europe, where France, Spain, Belgium
and the Netherlands are considering banning the niqab on the grounds it
is degrading to women.

> Last week, France's lower house of parliament overwhelmingly approved
a ban on both the niqab and the burqa, which covers even a woman's eyes,
in an effort to define and protect French values - a move that angered
many in the country's large Muslim community.

> The measure goes before the Senate in September; its biggest hurdle
could come when France's constitutional watchdog scrutinizes it later. A
controversial 2004 law in France earlier prohibited Muslim headscarves
and other "ostentatious" religious symbols in the classrooms of French
primary and secondary public schools.

> Opponents say such bans violate freedom of religion and personal
choice, and will stigmatize all Muslims.

> In Damascus, a 19-year-old university student who would give only her
first name, Duaa, said she hopes to continue wearing her niqab to
classes when the next term begins in the fall, despite the ban.

> Otherwise, she said, she will not be able to study.
>
> "The niqab is a religious obligation," said the woman, who would not
give her surname because she was uncomfortable speaking out against the
ban. "I cannot go without it."

> Nadia, a 44-year-old science teacher in Damascus who was reassigned
last month because of her veil, said: "Wearing my niqab is a personal
decision."

> "It reflects my freedom," she said, also declining to give her full
name.

> In European countries, particularly France, the debate has turned on
questions of how to integrate immigrants and balance a minority's rights
with secular opinion that the garb is an affront to women.

> But in the Middle East - particularly Syria and Egypt, where there
have been efforts to ban the niqab in the dorms of public universities -
experts say the issue underscores the gulf between the secular elite and
largely impoverished lower classes who find solace in religion.

> Some observers say the bans also stem in part from fear of dissent.
>
> The niqab is not widespread in Syria, although it has become more
common in recent years, a development that has not gone unnoticed by the
authoritarian government.

> "We are witnessing a rapid income gap growing in Syria - there is a
wealthy ostentatious class of people who are making money and wearing
European clothes," said Joshua Landis, an American professor and Syria
expert who runs a blog called Syria Comment.

> The lower classes are feeling the squeeze, he said.
>
> "It's almost inevitable that there's going to be backlash. The worry
is that it's going to find its expression in greater Islamic
radicalism," Landis said.

> Four decades of secular rule under the Baath Party have largely muted
sectarian differences in Syria, although the state is quick to quash any
dissent. In the 1980s, Syria crushed a bloody campaign by Sunni
militants to topple the regime of then-President Hafez Assad.

> The veil is linked to Salafism, a movement that models itself on early
Islam with a doctrine that is similar to Saudi Arabia's. In the broad
spectrum of Islamic thought, Salafism is on the extreme conservative
end.

> In Gaza, radical Muslim groups encourage women to cover their faces
and even conceal the shape of their shoulders by using layers of drapes.

> It's a mistake to view the niqab as a "personal freedom," Bassam
Qadhi, a Syrian women's rights activist, told local media recently.

> "It is rather a declaration of extremism," Qadhi said.
>
> Kennedy reported from Beirut.
>
> Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
>
> Related articles
>   a.. Syria: Islamic Scarf That Leaves Only Eyes Exposed Is Banned
>   New York Times - 8 hours ago
>   b.. Syria bans veils at universities
>   One News Page - 1 day ago
>   c.. Syria bans veiled faces in universities
>   The Express Tribune - 1 day ago
>
>       Photo 1 of 5
>
>       Arab women wear the niqab, a face-covering Islamic veil, as they
shop in Souk Al-Hamediah, Damascus' oldest market, Syria, Monday, July
19, 2010. Syria has banned the face-covering Islamic veil from the
country's universities. The Education Ministry's ban on the niqab comes
as similar moves in Europe spark cries of discrimination against
Muslims. An official at the ministry says the ban affects public and
private universities and aims to protect Syria's secular identity. (AP
Photo/Bassem Tellawi)