Kongres AS akan menganalisa mengapa orang islam itu pada jadi radikal, mbunuhi
orang, bunuh diri, ribut, demo, gak mau salaman natalan, anti babi,
menghancurkan gereja, masjid, dan segala macam,

Sudah bisa kutebak hasilnya...

House panel to examine Muslim radicalization

By Jeremy Pelofsky

WASHINGTON | Wed Mar 9, 2011 1:10am EST

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The House of Representatives will investigate
radicalization in the American-Muslim community, sparking outrage that the
probe is a witchhunt akin to the 1950s anti-Communist campaign.

With al Qaeda and its affiliates openly trying to recruit Americans and Muslims
inside the United States for attacks, House Homeland Security Committee
Chairman Peter King called congressional hearings on the subject "absolutely
essential".

"I am facing reality, my critics are not," King said on MSNBC. "Al Qaeda is
changing its tactics, they realize that it's very difficult to attack from the
outside, they're recruiting from within."

King, who will lead a hearing on Thursday, has questioned the cooperation by
Muslim Americans with U.S. law enforcement authorities and accused mosques of
being a breeding ground for radicalization.

His office did not respond to a request for comment.

"I think there's positive to come from this if people are open to hearing what
comes out of the hearings, and not just a soundbite or two," said Juan Carlos
Zarate, a Bush administration terrorism adviser who is now at the Center for
Strategic & International Studies.

Critics say the hearings smack of the effort in the 1950s by Republican Senator
Joseph McCarthy, who presided over congressional hearings to expose and
ostracize Communists and their sympathizers in the United States.

Muslim and civil rights advocates have condemned King's assertions, countering
that Muslims in the United States are being unfairly targeted and pointing to
tips they have provided to authorities in the past.

"This hearing does not represent the mainstream view," said imam Shamsi Ali,
who organized a protest against the probe in New York.

"I don't see any reason for that perception about Muslims not cooperating," he
said, noting a Muslim vendor alerted authorities to the failed Times Square car
bombing in 2010.

That incident, coupled with an alleged bomb plot uncovered last month involving
a 20-year-old Saudi student studying in Texas, are among several plots that
have boosted concerns by U.S. officials that al Qaeda and its affiliates are
determined to strike inside the United States any way they can.

"I think the administration realizes they have to take on this issue of
domestic violent extremism," Zarate said, noting the administration has been a
little slow to do so. "They've got to take it on because it is of increasing
concern and more importantly it's becoming a divisive issue."

MUSLIM LEADERS 'PART OF THE SOLUTION'

To that end, the White House on Sunday sent deputy National Security Adviser
Denis McDonough to reassure Muslim-American leaders, telling them they are "not
part of the problem, you're part of the solution" in the fight against
terrorism.

Some Muslim leaders have said maintaining the trust of their community is
essential to foil plots, and the hearings could jeopardize that as well as feed
a view from outside the United States that the country is anti-Muslim. The FBI
has also been criticized for sending undercover agents into mosques.