http://www.smh.com.au/world/im-sorry-for-neglecting-you-bin-ladens-final-message-to-his-24-children-20110505-1e8tf.html

I'm sorry for neglecting you: bin Laden's final message to his 24 children
Damien McElroy
May 5, 2011 - 12:14PM

Osama bin Laden ... urged his offspring not to join al-Qaeda. Photo: Reuters

Osama bin Laden apologised to his children for neglecting them in a will
written three months after the attacks of September 11, 2001.

The al-Qaeda leader also told his offspring not to join al-Qaeda and ordered
his wives not to remarry.

"You, my children, I apologise for giving you so little of my time because I
responded to the need for Jihad," the will states.

Advertisement: Story continues below
The four-page document, published in a Kuwaiti newspaper, is largely devoted to
justifying the terrorist's efforts to destroy America and Israel. There is no
mention of possessions.

Bin Laden was believed to have inherited an £18 million ($27.6 million) fortune
from his father, a construction magnate in Saudi Arabia.

The instruction to his 24 children not to fight jihad cites a precedent from
the Islamic texts. Omar bin al-Khattab, the successor of the Prophet Muhammad
as Islam's leader, also left written instructions to his son, Abdullah, not to
wage holy war.

Bin Laden's four wives were ordered not to find new husbands and to focus on
raising his offspring.

"Don't consider marrying again, and devote yourselves to your children and
guide them to the right path," the will states.

The document is signed: "Your brother Abu Abdullah Osama Muhammad Bin Laden".
The newspaper said the will was dated December 14, 2001.

Up until that date, US intelligence had been picking up radio transmissions
from bin Laden in Tora Bora, the cave complex on the Afghanistan/Pakistan
border where he hid to evade a US bombing campaign.

The Washington Post reported in 2002 that a version of a will signed on that
date had circulated in Arab circles. A statement from al-Qaeda claimed that the
document was a fake, but Western intelligence said it was taking the document
seriously.

La Vanguardia, a Spanish newspaper, reported that bin Laden believed he would
be betrayed within his close circle and would enter paradise as a martyr.

The Daily Telegraph, London

Read more:
http://www.smh.com.au/world/im-sorry-for-neglecting-you-bin-ladens-final-message-to-his-24-children-20110505-1e8tf.html#ixzz1LT64ExvD