Hi,

I got to know the people from Gitpod.io (https://www.gitpod.io/), and when
I learned about their capability to not only use Gitpod as a regular online
web-based dev environment, but to create ad-hoc environments based off PR
branches as CI checks, I thought it would be a really neat thing to have
that for Prometheus (it's free for OSS). It would also be generally great
to give people a web-based container that has Prometheus pre-built and the
dev environment ready and setup for working on the code. A proposed PR for
the latter is here (AFAIK this doesn't do the CI integration yet, but that
would be great too, then you can explore with the binary + code at a PR
branch online, without checking it out locally):
https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus/pull/7673

What do people think?

Cheers,
Julius