Hello Prometheus Developers,

I recently created my first exporter in Go, wakatime_exporter, which
basically just converts data from the Wakatime API into the Prometheus
exposition format.

https://github.com/MacroPower/wakatime_exporter

I've been running it for a few weeks now and am happy with the results.
But, I'm sure there are a lot of things I could have done better,
specifically in terms of the design of the exporter. My code is all based
on the HAProxy exporter, but my changes have been significant enough that
it doesn't very closely resemble it anymore.

If any of you have time, I would greatly appreciate any feedback you might
have. But, to give one thing I'm specifically concerned about: I feel like
there is just too much duplication in my code. I separated my exporter into
different modules for each Wakatime endpoint, because I had seen similar
architecture in other exporters (and I think it generally makes sense for a
number of other reasons). But the result is each modules' NewExporter,
Collect, and Describe functions being nearly identical to each other. Does
anyone know any way I could solve this?

Thank you!