On 21.09.20 00:27, prabin...@gmail.com wrote:
> Memory Consumed by prometheus is keep on increasing day by day . Though Number
> of  Targets are same.

Yes, Prometheus uses as much RAM as possible for mmap'ing, making your
queries faster.

> What is is the persistence volume of prometheus , or how we can evaluate the
> same and limit our memory consumtion.

You don't have to. When the OS needs the RAM, it will simply take it
away from Prometheus.

There is a certain amount of memory that Prometheus needs to exist. If
you don't have enough for that, it will OOM.

You can look at
https://www.robustperception.io/how-much-ram-does-prometheus-2-x-need-for-cardinality-and-ingestion
, although a lot has been optimized over the last 1.5 years since that
article was published.

--
Björn Rabenstein
[PGP-ID] 0x851C3DA17D748D03