Thank you everyone who commented on this doc - I feel like it's in pretty
good shape:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LPhVRSFkGNSuU1fBd81ulhsCPR4hkSZyyBj1SZ8fWOM/edit#

I'm going to move this into a PR against the doc repo in the next week or
two and call it "done", so if anyone wants to give it another read over or
has any questions, please do let me know!

Thanks

Tom