Hello,

I want to start a discussion if Prometheus should have config options to
disable security on the "/-/healthy" and "/-/ready" endpoints.

Thanks to Amrit Pal Singh to bring this to the github issue list at
first: https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus/issues/9166

Running Prometheus with enabled basic Auth on K8S actually requires some
workarounds to be able to use the liveness and/or readiness checks. One
would be the mentioned "httpHeaders" option - which requires to put
somewhat plain credentials in the K8S definitions (which I really do not
want).

Currently I've disabled Basic Auth in Prometheus and use an nginx in Front
that takes care about Auth on all endpoints, except for /-/ready and
/-/healthy. But I do not like this either. :)

Julien Pivotto suggested to talk about this at the dev mailing list ... so
please add your thoughts about this. Thx.